Uh. Novel Fail...?

NaNoWrimo Day 15-16: The Halfway Point.
Word count = WAAAAAAY behind. I should be past 25k. I'm nowhere near it. Naturally. But seriously, I'm like... chapters behind. It's not a good look.

I blame the editor in me. Well, so says my NaNo mentor. But I really am thinking too hard versus just writing. I need to get things down on paper [in type] and THEN worry about how it flows and what makes sense and where the foreshadowing is. But I am trying to do this as I go. Which is great in a quality-over-quantity situation... But this is not one of those, lol. The point is to get a first draft down and done during the 30 day event. Then one can do what they please with it.

That being said.
I'm not so sure I'll make my 50k during November, lol. When I haven't been stuck or moving extra slow, I've had to deal with bigger issues outside of internet land. Now that a few things have died down, I'll push forward with what I can, but realistically, I'm not sure it's possible to catch up to where I'm supposed to be and THEN keep up and cross the finish line in the remaining half of the month.

This DOESN'T mean:
That I'm giving up this novel. Not by a long shot. I'm too sucked into it to let it go unfinished. Lol, yes, sucked into my own novel. I'll own it; as I've been looking for the kick in the pants to get it going for years. Nothing's really stopped me, but NaNoWriMo was the perfect chance to sit down and push myself to get started. So even if I don't cross the finish line this event, I want to continue. Because novel will lead right to other yummy things. Like, y'know... maybe that webcomic I've been jabbering about.

We'll see how this goes, lol.

¯

0 comments:

Post a Comment