Doing it Wrong. =P

So. NaNoWriMo Day 1-2: word count = 0.
I am definitely doing it wrong, lol. Speaking with other writers, I should at least have 1,667-3,333 words by now. And that's at the minimum per day to hit exactly 50k words on time. That's a realistic and very achievable amount for me... I simply haven't put pen to paper yet. (Okay, fingers to keyboard.) But would you like to know why?

Don't EVER tell me "Make sure you have a blueprint for your novel!"

I mean, it is common practice— often a necessary step to writing a structured... ANYthing, really. Make an outline, use the snowflake method, bullet points, whatever. In this case, you do want some kind of guide so you're not rambling for 50k words. But I shouldn't have waited until now to hammer out some of the details I'm dealing with, for sure, haha. Figures I try to be as thorough as possible when it's most inappropriate. How thorough?
Just some ridiculous chart.
THOROUGH.

Well. I guess you can see this story is a cliffhanger. =P
This plot is actually an abridged and cobbled-together version of the first couple arcs of my comic. I'll probably blab plenty about it in posts to come. Done right, it makes a fun little stand-alone. And to note, you may know Tavé; but Kha'mu/Khadomu = "Mu." I chose to shorten her name for simplicity. Which actually is canon, as she was called this in childhood... but I didn't want to deal with having to explain what's with her unusual name situation for this shorter story.
Fun Character fact: Kha'mu/Mu claims that she has no proper name, simply her title of "Khaoton do Museyia." Only one other character in the story actually knows her real name.[/teaser]

So anyway. THIS is what I have been doing as opposed to hacking away at my 50k-word target. It's not necessarily a good strategy, and I don't recommend it. XD Well... more like get this crap out of the way before trying to take on a writing challenge, lol. Shame on me for not being on top of this stuff over the last... *scrolls down* nine months. x___x

Anyway... off to attempt putting words on paper. Oh, and all the other actually important things I should be doing.

¯

0 comments:

Post a Comment